Child has high breathing rate, oxygen levels normal, no lung collapses. Is this normal?

My Son is now 22 months, he was born with high breathing rate. He had 70 - 80/min upto 1 month. He containly been in NICU for monitoring. But doctors dint find anything other symtoms. They declaired he was comfortable & healthy. He has developed well. But he constantly breaths at 50-60/min. His oxygen levels are normal everything normal, no lung collapses. But it always makes me think there is still somehting that is not normal with him
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013