Child has gum swelling, pus-filled. Done RCT. What shall I do?

My 7 years old son has got small gum swelling filled with pus and the Dentist did one minor RCT and the same swelling reappeared after fixing the crown after 10 days. Dentist again did a full RCT and three sessions for dressing and cleaning. Now again after 3rd cleaning session the swelling re-appeared and seems to have pus in it. What shall I do here? Shall I change my doctor? Thanks in advance for your help. Bhushan
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Feb 2013
Hi Bhushan,
Thank you for your query,
As there is reapperance of pus filled swelling is there,drainage of pus and antibiotic course is required now to treat the infection.
You discuss these issues and your concerns with your present treating Dentist and then decide to go for a second opinion or for a specialist referral for Pedodontist or Endodontist.
Hope i have answered your query.