Child has fingernails detaching from nailbed. Could this be due to falling?

My son is 5 yrs old male and weighs 35 kg. He fell to the floor on june 21. After 3 days, there came skin rashes which started on his arms and spread all over his body unevenly. After a week, the rashes disappeared, but the skin in his finger tips started to peel off. And it went through for about 1 week. On July 21, through xray , he was found to have fractured elbow due to his falling on june 21, and was suggested to undergo surgery. But there came another problem. I noticed that his fingernails were beginning to detach from the nailbed. Could the problem in his nails (fingernails and toenails) be an effect of his falling? Would it be safe for him to undergo surgery with this problem in his nails? I can t help but to think that all these diseases were associated with his falling. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012