Child has fever, bad breath and sores on tongue. Ibuprofen not helping. Healing time?

26 month old son had high fever Tuesday night 103.6 ER said was a virus and he was fine. Explained he had bad breath did a strep test and it came back negative. Thursday still had fever, but low now like 100. Wakes up every hour crying. Still horrible bad breath. Gums swollen and bled when brushing his teeth . Brought him in to see Ped on Thursday we saw 2 small sores in mouth. Said it was a virus in his mouth nothing they could do it just runs its course. It s now Monday night still has low fever 99-100 breath is even worse now like a fishy dog breath smell. 2 huge sores on tongue plus a few small ones still can t sleep well. Crabby all day ibuprofen isn t helping. How long do I wait until brining him back in. Is it true there is nothing that can help?... Oh and we are on day 3 of no pooping he is normally a 1-2 x per day. Not sure if its related or not
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013