Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The widal test
is negative and is not suggestive of Typhoid fever
Inspite of investigations, antibiotics, and the fever is lasting more than 15 days, it is evaluated as Pyrexia of unknown origin.
But as the fever is lasting more than 15 days and there is no response to the antibiotics till now, the following problems to be ruled out:
1. Malaria- even though investigation is negative, empirical chloroquine treatment will help to treat the fever.
2. Tuberculosis- to be ruled out by doing ESR, Mantoux test
, and chest X-ray
3.Pneumonia- by doing a chest X-ray
4. Infections like Dengue fever, leptospirosis
, rickettsial fever
, and Brucella will present with prolonges fevers. So these can be ruled out by doing serological tests if the fever is still persisting.
5. Urinary infections- by doing complete urine examination and urine culture and sensitivity.
6. And finally if the fever is persisting peripheral smear for abnormal cells, bone marrow
study, collagen profile to look for any malignancy, rheumatoid and collagen vascular problems to be ruled out.
So I advise you to be in regular follow up with the Pediatrician
till the complete evaluation to diagnose the problem and for complete treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.