Child has episodes of vision loss. Cause?

My daughter turned 12 on Tuesday. On Monday, she experienced two brief episodes where she stated she lost complete vision . She was sitting when the first episode occurred and had just stood up when the second episode occurred. She could speak the whole time as she was screaming for me during both episodes. Each lasted less than 1 minute. What are possible causes?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013

Thanks for writing health care magic.

Your child requires thorough investigation for the possible cause.
I request you to take her to the emergency at once.

There could be several causes for this
A complete physical examination including blood pressure and investigations depending on the examination findings are required to identify the cause?

What is her blood pressure like?
Does she have pallor of the palms and soles?
Does she have any significant past history?

Please reply in detail?

2 users find this helpful