Child has dry cough only during night with slight runny nose, prescribed mucolit drops. Advise?

my baby (1year 2 months) is coughing - totally dry (doctors checked her 3 times) - only during the night, can cough on and off for 40 min - has a bit of a runny nose - coughing seems to be keeping her up or in a very light state of sleep. is there anything to worry about and how ti fit this cough. Doctor said to give her mucolit drops even though he said there is nothing wrong and he is not sure if the drops will take away the cough
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012