Child has diarrhea, painful rash over belly and legs, runny nose. What should be done?

My son is 30 months old, he has developed diarrhea , its not the worst he has had, and he makes it to the toilet, his appetite is ok, but he also has a very red rash , not spotty, but it is all over his belly and his legs, at times it hurts him, he also has a runny nose, no fever. A couple of kids at daycare have had diarrhea also, no vomiting ,runny noses too. Should I be worried and take him to the doctor, and what can I do for his rash?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013