Child has diarrhea. Urine sample shows protein. What does this mean?

Hi, my 7 month old son had a nasty sick and diarrhoea bug for 5 days last week, he was then fine for a week (back to eating, weeing, pooing normally) he was then sick again (once at night, once in the morning) so the doctor asked me to do a urine sample - they were able to stick test it and it showed a small level of protein in it. They have asked for a larger sample to send off to the lab (as his was only a few drops!) what does this mean and should i be worried? i I have to and do this on Monday as its the weekend now and lab shut. He is absolutely fine again now, no sickness, diarrhoea etc.....? look forward to hearing .
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013