Child has continuous pain in the hand since fall. Could it be hairline fracture?

About 5 days ago I took my 18 month old son in to a pediatric urgent care. He fell as he was trying to get out of his toy car. He was holding his wrist and seemed to be in great pain. When I took him in, and he eventually high fived the doctor with that hand, he didn t feel a need for x rays. However, he continues to have pain when being put in his car seat, getting a shirt on and opening up a drawer. He favors the other hand still, but uses the injured hand or arm a bit. I am worried that the pain hasn t eased up and that he didn t have the xray . Could he have a hairline fracture? He was sent home with no bandage or cast. Not sure if it is his wrist, or elbow though, because it seems lifting it at a 90 degree angle is most painful.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012