Child has cold, yellow discharge, swollen eyes, watery eyes. Reason?

My 8 month old has had a low grade cold recently. He s had some yellow snot, but not much. There s been twice in the past few days I noticed his eyes were swollen. Today, suddenly, both of his eyes became watery. Then discharge started to form in the corners that was yellow-green. His eyes do not appear to be red. What could the reasoning be? Is this something I need to see a doctor for?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query.

Your child got a viral illness with common cold and conjunctivitis.

Some times allergy to pollen or other allergens also lead to similar condition.

If there is nose block, you can use saline nasal drops to clear the nostrils and for easy breathing.

Oral antihistamines like chlropheniramine drops can be given which is a prescribed drug.

Therefore I advise you to consult your Pediatrician for the examination of the child and for the medication advise.

Hope I have answered your query.