Child has bruise on sternum post a fall, complains of frequent pain on back, chest and neck with low fever since them. Any suggestions?

My 6 year old son fell playing tackle football 2 months ago. The ER said that he bruised his sternum. Since then he has had frequent complaints of back, chest, and neck pain with low grade fever every couple of days. Xray did not show any fractures . CBC was normal on two accounts. Additional labwork was done this week with 83 ESR and 4.9 CRP . We are being referred to pediatric rheumatologist . Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Feb 2016
Hi. A high ESR usually is indicative of a chronic problem which needs a thorough investigations. 83 is too high. There is a low grade fever. I would advise my patient to go for a CT/ preferably MRI of the neck and chest, Ultrasonography of abdomen. Let us wait and see what your Pediatric Rheumatologist has to say. Please come back to us with the reports and his/ her opinion.