Child has black blotches on tummy. No allergies

My 3 year old has developed black blotches on her tummy area, they hav been there for a whole week, and it is just getting bigger (covering more space ) on her tummy. it has also gotten darker. she has not had any other out of ordinary symptoms, any advice? she has no allergies, and is a normally healthy 3 yr old DOCTOR ADVISED NOT TO WORRY, BUT CANT DO ANYTHING BUT WORRY
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. Without having a look at the blotches that you mention it is very difficult for me to give you any advice. It is quite likely that your daughter might have hurt herself and the bruise must be giving the colour that you are mentioning. It takes nearly a week to ten days for the bruise to disappear and that is why your doctor has advised not to worry.

I suggest that you wait for another day or two and if the blotches do not disappear then consult your doctor once again.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.