Child has abdominal pain, productive cough, vomiting. Taking Cheston. Real problem?

ear sir, my 3-year-old boy has been complaining of occasional abdominal pain for the past 2-3 days. He has productive cough for which he is taking Cheston (expectorant) 3.5 ml b.i.d. His food habit is not at all good. He is taking only 300 ml of milk plus 20 gm of horlicks in the morning and 150 ml of milk in the evening. Today he returned from school complaining he vomited immediately after lunch. What can be his real problem. Should I rush into hospital immediately?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
What he needs is a good examination by a doctor to decide where is the pain .
He may need stool ,urine examination,and blood works for liver.
Stop the cough expectorant as it will not work in the small child who does not know how to cough out phlegm. Definitely go to a good pediatrician to assess him