Child had pin worms. Bad itching, Given Pin X. Is that enough?

My 12 year old daughter went to emergency room, they said she had pin worms they give her a prescription for something but ive tried to fill it and they say they dont make it anymore. So they told me to get pin x, I did I give her 1 n half tsp like it said and shes still itching bad at night, it said on directions a 1 time dose. . I don t no if they are still there n she still has. I give her the dose just yesterday. Please help what can I get for itching, and is that correct only 1 dose? And how long does it take to kill them? Should I get something else?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Your child must have been given antihelminthic which is one time dose.Since a pin worm cycle continues for around 6weeks you might need to repeat the dose again after a week .For the itching which can be irritating discuss with her docter for anti itch medicine and cream which will ease her in the night.Clean her inner clothes ,pyajamas to get rid of eggs sometimes it is preferable that the whole family is dewormed simultaneously because of the spread to other family members.
Take Care.