Child had appendix surgery. Heart stopped when given anasthesia. In coma. Unable to move. Suggestions?

I have a friend who s 11 year old son went in for appendix surgery. His heart stopped when given anesthesia ...for 2 minutes. He went into a coma and has been in this state for 6 weeks. His eyes are open and look at people. He can t move. A CT scan said periventricular region small vessel ischemic changes. The doctor says he may never move again. Could you give me some perspective on the ischemic changes?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013