Child got sudden stomach cramps, repeated occurrences with cold sweats, urine test normal, suspicion of reaction to MSG in food. Suggestion?

hi, my 3 yr old boy this morning got a sudden stomach cramp crying with pain he had a normal bowel movement since cramps come ang go every 1/2 hour followed with cold sweat . Just came back from doctor urine is fine she said it maybe a reaction to msg in the snack he had early on this morning.What is your opinion ?? thanks, Rima, Fiji
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would advise that you should give your child an antacid and a antispasmodic medicine. Any medicine should be given only under medical supervision.

I hope this is helpful to you.