Child going through a growth spurt, eats everything in sight, has frequent motions with mucus and fishy smell. Cause?

my 3 yr old has been going through a growth spurt and eating everything in sight for 4 days. yesterday he pooped 6 times. it was soft but smelled fishy and this morning he pooped and it was soft but had lots of mucous in it. he says his stomach does not hurt but it did smell fishy still. he never really had a good appetite and I don t know if it s from the change in his eating or what?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013