Child gaining weight by taking Divaa, have sudden jerk while sleeping. Any lesser side effect medicine?

sir my daughter is 9 years old and she has been taking divaa od 500 mg for the last 5 years , i thonk she is gaining weight now she is 30 kgs. and as per my observation she still have some movements and sudden jerks while sleeping . kindly advice a good drug with lesser side effects and suggest me when can she out of that medicine. thank you sirs.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Both weight gain and jerky movements are the side effects of divaa.However the advantage of the medicine outweighs the side effect.If on the medications child had no convulsion then mostly the medication has helped her for the purpose for which it was given .If she has been on this medication since last 5 yrs and no convulsions have happened then you discuss with her pediatrician regarding stopping the medication .
Take Care