Child does not talk. Has mercury in CNS. Prescribed Eglonyl. Why?

My little male cousin (8 years old) doesn t talk . His mother pregnancy was fine and his psychomot.development was great, till he got 15 month old, when he got MMR vacc. During all these years his parents visited so many experts in child neurology , pediatrics , psychiatrics etc , and they did all the tests(mri, ct, eeg, immuno, liqor, ...) and the only thing they found was a little bit of Mercury in CNS ...No one could say that he s autistic, cause he s hyperactive and not closed fot outside world... he didn t use any kind of medicine till few days ago when doc.psych. gave him eglonyl....WHY EGLONYL FOR 8 YEAR OLD CHILD?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012