Child does not listen, destroys objects, headbutts objects. Help?

Hi my 2 yr old son is on the go all the time he never stops running and climbing if he does stop to watch tv he has to have something in his hands to play with. He does not really talk yet he will say oh no, wheres it gone, all gone and whats that but he has never said mum or dad! he does not listen when you call him i have had his hearing tested and its fine. He does not really play with his toys he is quite distructive he will fixate on some objects like a bowl or the other day it was a lid off a plastic tub he had to take it with him all day including to bed. He headbutts anything and sometimes for no reason at all! He still wakes up every night, i can tell him no to something 4 or 5 times and he will still do it regardless of the dangers! I just keep getting told he is a very busy boy and on the extreme side! i need to know where to get help?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Psychiatrist, Child 's  Response
Hi.. For Your boy i need some more information and some more details. like his birth is normal or not? is there any complication at birth? at what age he started walking? other milestone developed normal or not? with your description it looks like Attention Deficit Hyperactivity but i want to know duration of symptoms and is it in two different environment or not? after all above information we can reach to a diagnosis and defiantly your boy will improve with medication.. have nice time.