Child cries when in contact with hot water, rubs legs in pain due to rash on legs. Cause?

My 23 month old recently started screaming that the water was too hot when she got into the bath. She would rub her legs from the knees down and cry. We thought it was just an all the sudden aversion to water like some toddlers get, but she is fine with cold water. The second we add any warm water too it, shs cries that its too hot and rubs her legs like its hurting her. Yesterday I pulled her out of the tub and examined her legs. It looked as though she has a slight rash (no too noticable) on her legs from the knees down. Could she be having a new allergic reaction? I can t figure out what would cause this, especially in such an isolated area. Maybe the Dog?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013