Child broke arm after falling. Proximal break to the humerus. See the orthopedician immediately?

My 11-year old, sports-obsessed son (basketball is his passion) went snowboarding with his dad this weekend. They called me about an hour ago from the mountain because my son fell hard and broke his arm . Proximal break to the humerus . I think that means up at the top of the humerus, and I m curious what to expect and how urgent it is that we see an orthopedist. I am thinking early Monday morning if possible....
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013