Child breathed in bleach fumes for 5 minutes. Should I worry?

Hello, I was cleaning to bathroom today (Master bathroom) with bleach and poured some in the toilet to let it sit a minute before scrubbing and flushing. My 4 month old was in her swing asleep in the master bedroom. I walked out to the garage which took maybe a minute until i returned and stated to my husband who was sitting on the side of bed that I noticed the fumes had traveled into the bedroom. She was sleeping but I took her out to the living room at once and had my husband hold her out there til I rid the smell from the room and bathroom with fans and opened all the windows. The overall time she may have had to smell it was maybe 5 min.(or less) she is acting fine, not coughing or any change in behavior. I was just wanting to make sure no harm came to her. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Nothing to worry as baby is fine and not coughing.
Observe baby for 24 to 48 hour for the development of any cold, cough, or hurried breathing.
If she develops any these symptoms consult your Pediatrician for the examination of the child.
Usually the fumes will mix in the air and their concentration get diluted by the time they reached the child.
Hope I have answered your query.

Pediatrician Dr. Samik Basu's  Response

Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.
Bleach fumes are irritant to the respiratory tract.
Keep a good watch on her.
If she cries,has watering of her eyes or has any difficulty in breathing take her to the ER.
In the meantime carefully wash her eyes and body .If there are no complication within 48hrs she will be fine.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.