Child ate his own stool. What to do to get rid of the sickness?

my son s potty had a bit of bleech(spray bleach) in on the floor in the kitchen, i was doing the dishes and heard him say yak when i went to see what he had ate his mouth smelt like bleech. i checked the potty and there was still the same amount as i put in but i think he may of touched it and then put his hand in his mouth. i rand my mum and she said to give him a drink to swill his mouth and he should b ok cos she said it would be impossible to drink out of a potty!! he has ate fine all day apart from now, after his tea he was sick through his mouth and nose . im starting to worry now!! can you give me advice please
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello I have gone through your complaints. Your child didn't present initially with symptoms like vomiting and decreased activity. Initially they will present with vomiting. As you have examined that your child is sick some what, you need to examine him closely for another 24 hrs. If you see like your baby is running of fever or any vomiting or decreased activity , you need to contact your doctor for an antibiotic.
Thank you. Good day. Take care of your child