Chewing tobacco with strep throat. what is your opinion on this ?

Hi -my husband went to urgent care and he was diagnosed with strep throat . He claims the Dr. told him that chewing tobacco does not agitate it more or effect it. I would not believe a Dr. would tell him this. He swallows the juice (does not spit it out). I told him that of course normal saliva would be less irritating for his throat vs. tobacco juice but it does not effect whether or not he has strep, that it is an infection. He always says I am not a Dr. and I tell him I don t need to be one it is common sense-LOL. what is your opinion on this ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011