Chest tightness, sharp shooting pain. X-ray shows pleural effusion, blood test shows gram positive bacilli. Causes for symptoms?

Chest X-ray says nodular focus of opacification in left paracardiac region plus mild blunting of right costophrenic angle suggesting small right sided pleural effusion . Blood results come back as gram positive bacilli , with white blood cell count at 14.91, heamoglobin is 12 and Creatinine is 50 Very tight chested and have had sharp sporadic shooting pains on left side of my chest for a few months as well. What could I have as doctors have mentioned TB and some kind of malignant cancer?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012