Chest pains, worsens on thinking over it, happen when extremely calm. Which tests should be taken?

I m suffering from chest pains (a pinging sensation) I m really not quite sure what is going on but whenever I over think about my chest the pains seems to worsen. This leads me to believe it is related to my thinking, however the pains will happen even when I am perfectly calm and having no worry. I haven t had any test done to see what a problem would be. I would like to know what tests I should be getting so I can avoid an ER visit unless it has to happen. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012