Chest pains, numbness, tingling in arms, legs, stomach, headaches.Having costochondritis. MRI scan needed?

Hi I am writing this with so much fear it is crazy. I have had these chest pains every day for months like pressure on my chest and numbness and tingly feelings around parts of my body such as lower ribs stomach and in my arms and legs. I have asked my gp if I can get an mri scan to make sure everything is fine and she just looked at me like I was crazy and said no. She diagnosed me with costochondritis which seems funny to me because it is a condition that goes away within a couple of weeks. I have headaches around 1 side of my head as well for 5 weeks straight which is making me worry that i may have something like bloodclots. blocking up some veins. Is there anyway I can get this mri scan without paying a huge sum up front. I really need this to ease my mind as i have had 4 ambulance calls in the last month due to these pains.
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012