Chest pain, worsens when breathing deeply or bending. Spreading to arm. Worried about heart problem

Hi i am 18 years old i have had no previous medical problems. This afternoon i had a sudden sharp pain in my left chest area. It gets worse when i breathe deeply or bend over. I have had it all day and now it is starting to spread to my left arm . I am concerned it might be a heart problem. Also i am physically active i go to the gym and i do weight lifting.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to the Health Care Magic

Your line of thinking is alright.
But heart problem is less likely at this age - unless it is a congenital defect and so on, which by now must obviously be known.
Relation to bending movement suggests pain is most likely from the muscles of the chest wall. Particularly so in a setting of weight lifting, minor injuries and pain could be common.

The best option will be to see your doctor and get examined.
Everything else is guess work

Wishing you speedy recovery
Good luck