Chest pain, stress test and echo negative. Family history of heart atack. Any advice?

Hi, I am a 29 year old male. 6 -180 lbs, excercise 3-4 days a week. I experienced mild chest pains about 4 years ago in my left chest area. No pain, just an uncomfortable feeling, but only when I was resting or not excercising. I had a stress test and echo and both came back negative. However I am experiencing the same feelings again. They come and go, but only when resting. The feelings Can last between 5-60 seconds. My fathers father has stable angina and is fine and my mothers father had a fatal heart attack at 38 years old. I have spoken to my doctor and he seems to think everything is fine. I have no radiating pain, headaches , or fatigue . The pain does not wake me up, but it s concerning giving my family history. Cholesterol and BP are normal. Any advice or suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you have been having mild chest pains in the chest area for the last few years. Contrary to popular opinion, heart diseases are not the only cause of chest pain. There are various other diseases like peptic ulcer, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, inflammation of the lungs etc which can lead to chest pain. If your Doctor had conducted a thorough check-up and nothing came out of it, then there is nothing to worry about. From next time onwards, please see if the chest pain comes in the morning or evening, before or after food. These clues might help up is making the diagnosis. Also avoid alcohol, smoking, fried food etc as you are at an increased risk of heart problems. Hope this helps