Chest pain, shoulder discomfort. Taken cortisone injection. Regular throat irritation. Related?

Hi I m experiencing pain on the left side of the chest and have had this complaint for 18 months or so on and off. Most of the time it s manageable and doesn t affect my life too much but occasionally it flares up and causes extreme discomfort that radiates through to my shoulder . Usually I can twist my torso to crack my sternum and find some temporary relief but then the pain sets in again. My GP suspects costochondritis and he gave me a cortisone injection before which helped but it was again temporary. In addition to the symptoms already mentioned I regularly have a throat irritation that I can only describe as a mild sore throat , however it isn t like a regular sore throat and is more of a discomfort. I went to an ENT who ruled out anything sinister but what ever it is still hasn t subsided and is a constant annoyance for me. All of this is along side abdominal discomfort that I m assuming could be related. I often feel a bit of nausea in the mornings until I eat and then I it tends to subside, I also get a tweaking dull pain in the left of my stomach from time to time. Any help would be appreciated as its getting me down a bit and I just want to feel normal again! Thanks in advance Nathan
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012