Chest pain, racing heart rate. EKG echo normal. Wore heart monitor, given calcium channel blockers. Thoughts?

Hi im 34 years old I do smoke about a half of pack of cigarettes a day. I have never had an issues with my health. I recently in feb went to the er with chest pain, they said I was having heart palpations and was dehydrated. I left there felt good for 5 days then went back to the er with chest pain and racing heart rate, I think it was 140 and my blood pressure was 110/108 they admitted me did an EKG and a echo cardigram, they said everything was fine. I wore a heart monitor at home for 2 weeks the. Went back to the cardiologist, he said a resting heart rate of 90 was ok but gave me calcium channel blockers to take when I felt my heart racing, bu if nothing is wrong with my heart why should I be taking these?? I can lay down and feel my heart beat and it feels like its pounding through my whole body and I have been getting little sharp pains that feels like its coming from my heart. I don't know if that's normal or if I'm just concentrating on it to much since everything happen. Are the echo cardigrams pretty accurate? Should I go get a second option? I'm a single mother of 2 and I just don't want anything to happen to me.. And thoughts would be great.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013