Chest pain, neck inflammation, tenderness. CT scan normal. What do we do?

My mother is suffering from something that seems like a chest pain that radiates from her left side of her chest, to her sides and then moves to her back. She feels this all day, everyday since she can remember. She says that she feels inflammation around her neck, the pain is tender to the touch on her chest, it will jump from her left side to the right to her at times. She says it hurts when she moves in any direction and she can inhale easily but exhaling is prolonged. She does have mild asthma , has osteopenia and arthritis , she takes medicine to accelerate and slow down her heart rate. When she sleeps she can feel a sharp pain and it awakens her at night and the pain can be worse some days and others she can manage. She has been given many answers to this as it can be from her fribromyalgia, she has done CT Scans and X-rays and nothing shows up apparently. We just don t know what to do she is 60 years old and she has had this for more than 30 years. Desperate for an answer we have looked up online as some people have been able to find out what is wrong with them with their own reseach, when I look up her symptoms I am given results like microvascular angina or Pericarditis and pleurisy but we are so unsure on how to go about with this we really don t know what to do anymore. What could it be?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012