Chest pain, left shoulder, back, arm pain. Sharpe pain when take deep breath. Suggestion?

Hello I have been having chest pains lately. It started out as a dull pain near the heart only when I played basketball. I got an echo and I have a raised RSVP. It is a 36 instead of a normal twenty something. Now I am getting the pain at rest on both sides of the chest, left shoulder, left back, and left arm. It is starting to have a sharp pain when I expand the chest to take a deep breath.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Hello.. from the brief description the pain appears to be of a non-cardiac origin. The following caveats will apply :- sweating, breathing difficulty, vomiting, pain associated with walking.
As you are a sportsperson, consider a muscular origin of the pain/discomfort. usually as a unnoticed trauma in the form of a "jerk"/' straining' or a push.
The point in favor of this is that it increases on deep inspiration.

Suggest you use a Diclofenac 50 mgm every 8 hrs with Omeprazole 20 mgm at bedtime anad locally apply a heat fomentation / ice as you feel comfortable with.

These kind of injuries do take about 15 days to heal.

On the RSVP issue, please check the BP. this measurement has to be taken seriously only if you have a lung condition as chronic cough / smoking / hypertension.

Wishing u good health

J Nanda