Chest pain in centre of chest, trapped air, overweight. Medical attention required?

I have been experiencing a chest pain , mainly in the centre of my chest. It started whilst I was at work around 5pm. The pain would last about 5seconds then go. I managed to cycle home, but the pain persisted periodically all evening. I m still getting the pains this morning. It feels like trapped air. I m a 42 year old women, over weight, but I exercise five times a week (cycle to work every day and attend the gym 2-3 times a week). Do I need to see my GP or could I pick something up from a chemist?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012