Chest pain, difficulty breathing. Test shows asthma. Need for concern?

I am a 39 year old female, relatively healthy. For the past several months I have had an aching/pinching kind of twinge of pain that I feel on the left side of my chest. It comes and goes at different times (while at work, at home resting, etc). The discomfort generally only lasts a few minutes. I have also experienced some difficulty breathing in the last few months and a breathing test done at the ENT indicated asthma . I am now taking medications for that and I am scheduled to see a pulmonologist soon for a consultation. I am wondering if the recurring chest discomfort/pain is anything to be concerned about. I am also seeing my primary care doctor soon.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013