Chemo and my premature baby

My mother has ovarian cancer has been and continues to be on aggressive chemo can she be around my premie daughter ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jun 2010
Visit MEDANTA"THE MEDICITY" A super Speciality Hospital In sec-38 gurgaon where U can get Consultation with Dr ashok vaid(world renowned oncologist And Dr tejinder kataria 9world Renowned breast cancer surgeon )........or visit or call for assistance 09419191439

Yes she can be around your daughter. I do no think think that can cause any harm.

hope this answer helped you.

take care.

thanks and regards.
Dr. Kartik Aswani
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
While on chemotherapy, the effects of the drugs are seen only on the body of the person who is taking the chemotherapy. The effects are not transmitted to others through contact or through air. Your daughter can safely play with her grandmother without worrying for the side effects.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal