Cheek pain, lump in jaw, pain on touching. Cause of concern?

hi I have had some pain i guess you could say in my cheeks. Often my jaw feels stuck disabeling me to show emotion. Its.been around for quite some months now. I can feel it feels like a minni ball inside of my cheek on start of jaw line.if i rub the ball or squeeze on it it is quite painfull. .its been very uncomfortable do u know what this could possibly be? and where should i go to get it checjed out?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
This might be inflammation/infection of the salivary gland (parotid).If bilateral it might be mumps.However the possibility of dental cause like caries etc has to be ruled out.I suggest to seek an opinion of a physician as early as possible.Hope this helps.Take care.