Chances of child with DS suggests what? What are the blood clots in amniotic fluid?

Hello, I live in UK and I am currently 2o weeks pregnant. I had a Down Syndrome blood test at 11 weeks +5 days. The test came back negative and chances of child with DS were 1:250. I am 33 yo and this is my 1st pregnancy. The Nuchal measurement was 2.9mm and my PAPP-A was 1.47MoM and B- hCG level was 1.28 Mom. On the recent scan baby s bowel showed as hyperechogenic and Dr. basically suggested that the baby will have DS and we should have amniocentesis . Current Nuchal Fold Thickness is 3.7mm. I am just looking for a second opinion because personally I don t agree with dr. statment. Specially that she also discovered blood cloths in amniotic fluid . Could you please advise? Thank you! Marta
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012