Chance of getting HIV from cottonwool with blood of unknown HIV status?

Hi! What is my chance of getting HIV from piece of cottonwool that contained a blood of a person whos HIV status is unknown? Accidently I used a piece of cottonwool to remove blood from small cut on my knee that my girlfriend already used to remove blood from the cut on her body (we were bathing in the sea and get cuts from rocks) less than a minute before me? (I didn t looked at that pice of cottonwool before using it; the most stupid thing I did ever) It was a regular cottonwool, not the wet one (without sanitizer). She said that she is not infected, but as far as I know one can be infected and be contagious without knowing it. I know that I have to wait 4 weeks until HIV can be detected by test. I am sorry for spelling errors, I am a little bit nervous now. Thank you for reply!
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012