Cervical CT meylogram. The neural foramina are severly attnuated by uncovertebral hypertrophy. What does this mean?

I had a cervical CT meylogram done recently. It shows C5-C6: Endplate spondylosis indents the ventral thecal sac without flattening the cord. Cerebrospinal fluid is preserved posterior to the cord. The neural foramina are severly attnuated by uncovertebral hypertrophy . What does this mean? The neurosurgeon who ordered the test wil not see me again, he had said I needed surgery before, but now my insurance will not pay for the surgery and I didn t even get a chance to hear what the results of the CT scan mean.C3-C4 Posterior disc protrusion is chronic with associated endplate spondylosis. This is slightly to the left of midline. It indents the thecal sac and questionably contacts the ventral cord. However, cerebrospinal fluid is preserved to the cord and there is no significant spinal stenosisl. The apppearance is similar to the previous MRI. The neural foramina are mildly attenuated by uncovertebral hypertrophy.C2-C3: endplate spondylosis is associated with a small posterior disc protrusion slightly to the left of midline. It does not produce spinal stenosis. The neural foramina appear normal.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012