Cause for pain in chest while having cold beverages?

For about a month now I ve noticed a dull ache/pain that appears in my upper right chest whenever I swallow a cold beverage. The ache usually dimishes as I finish the beverage, and disappears entirely within a few minutes of finishing eating/drinking. It does not present during eating or while drinking hot beverages. FYI: I have lately resumed exercising and upper body weighting training mainly using machines.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
pain only while drinking cold beverages can be irritation of esophagus , because of this pain disappearing after completion of the drink.
avoid cold things for some days.
1 take plenty of water.
2 avoid having late night foods.
even after this it is not relieved further investigation might be nescessary