Cat bitten by a snake, unable to provide medical care. Chances of survival?

yes, i am in orange beach, al and my cat just got bit by a moccasin. we are going the Issac and have a lot of water. we saw the snake bite her but she ran into the woods and we can,t find her, will she be able to survive without medical care. Sorry, I think that I need to speak with a vet instead of a family physician. our vets are all closed down here due to the flooding
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
DEAR SIR/MADAM

CAN YOU IDENTIFY THE SNAKE, IS IT POISONOUS ONE. IF IT IS NON POISONOUS THEN CHANCES OF SURVIVAL IS HIGH, IF IT IS POISONOUS THEN CHANCES OF SURVIVAL IS LOW
IF YOUR CAT SURVIVES MORE THAN 6 HOURS AFTER BITE, THEN YOU NEED TO WORRY LESS. TRY TO WASH THE BITE SITE WITH TAP WATER AND WITH ALCOHOL.

DONT WORRY

THANKS