Cartilage problem arises with lower back pain, on medicines, history of micro-discectomy for slip disc. Is there any permanent cure?

my daughter,37 years old had a micro discectomy surgery in December 2010 due to slip disc.The MRI findings are : L2 20.8mm, L3 18.8mm, L4 19.4mm, L5 16.0mm, S1 6.2mm. She was keeping alright after that and was going through normal activities. But recently a cartilege problem arises with a low back pain at the same time. For both the problems she is taking some medicines. I want to know about the seriousness of the diseases, how much time she will take to be recovered and also how she will be cured permanently. My e-mail id is YYYY@YYYY With regards, Rama Deb Roy.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012