Cannot concentrate and have problems with memory during reading

Doctor I have problems with memory during reading.I can not concentrate very.In the past I have been very fast in keeping in mind while reading a lessons.Now I m at university in the third year.I need more to read to keep in mind and other things of the day and life I remind very well(events in the past I remember very well) mum tells me to drink a coffee.I don t like a coffee.Sometimes I drink a black tee to remind and I like to eat more chocolate ...
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
The problem you are facing may be because of various reasons. there may be lack of interest in the subject which can affect your motivation level, you may been lacking attention and concentrartion because of preoccupation with some issues or increased stress, you may not be using approriate effective study methods, or you may be anxious about how you are going to perform in the examinations, some time you may be stressed because of high expectation from people around you inclucing your parents, teachers or friends. So better meet a clinical psychologist at the earliest to understand what is actually hampering your studies and get effective solutions

Clinical Psychologist
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Fatima Clinic's  Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thank you for your query.
If you are not interested in your subject change it.
If you have different kinds of personal issues then take all of them from your mind while studying.
Concentrate more on your subjects.
Do not watch TV,do not log in interrnet (Facebook etc) during memorizing a topic or study.
If your problem is generalized that is your memory is weak for all common things tahen you may need some Nutritional therapy along with some medicines.

Black raisins increase memory.You can soak (11 raisins)them in a cup of water and and consume on empty stomach.

Brahami is prescribed by Ayurvedic Physician.For this you can take advice of an Ayurvedic Physician

Thank you
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello ina... weak memory or lack of concetration is a symptom that the body is not that to healthy.. driking coffee wud not help... by taking homeoapthic medicine you would fine that your memory n concentration has improved.. god bless...
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response
Hi Ina,

I feel that may be it has got something to do with the subjects you are reading.......are you really sure the subjects/courses that you have choosen are the ones that You like? If not no amount of external help will get you interested in them and hence the lack of motivation leading to lack of attention and concentration leading to memory problems.

If that is not the case, are you trying too hard to do well. If so, then you might be thinking of the end result most of the times than trying to concentrate on doing the job on hand well which might affect your concentration as well. If this is the case may be you should try and forget the end result and concentrate on the current.

If this is not the case, then may be a consultation with doctor will be of help.

Good Luck.