Can you still contract genital herpes while using protected sex ?

hi doctor , i m 27 years old,... last week,.. i had intercourse with my husband and it happen, that i think i got a minor cut near the entrance of my vagina. Couple days later, the cut turn to somewhat look like canker sore . I went to doctor to examine my cut and she told me.. it looks like i got herpes . but what i don t understand is,… First of all,.. my husband is the only one i have intercourse with entire my life and wen i get the cut, we were using condom. (we always use condom) how does it possible i got herpes? is it possible i got herpes?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011