Can you explain the ANA test report? Do I have SLE? What is the reason?

Respected doctors,
I am 40. Two years ago I did my first ANA (fana) lab tests. Ana test speckled was 1:80, and RNP 1.0 All other results came out negative (U1-RNP, CCP, IgG-abs, ds-DNA-ab, chromatine abs, SS-A/Ro(60kD), La/SS-B, Sm (B'B/D), U1-RNP/SM, Scl-70, Jo-1/Histidyl-tRNA-Synthet., Ribosomal P-protein abs, c-ANCA, p-ANCA, Cardiolipin-Ig-(G/M/A), B2-glycoprot.-1-ab, Lupus-anticoagulant, MAK/TPO-abs).
After 7 months I repeated the ANA test, everything remained the same, except RNP 1.1.
A hew days ago I did my third ANA test, everything remained the same again, except RNP 1.5.
What could this possibly mean? Why is RNP rising? Is it an indication for SLE or MCTD, although U1RNP is negative?
My TSH was 7mU/L and FT 10pmol/L, after one year of taking Euthirox my TSH i 5mU/L and F4 11pmol/L. I don't know if this coud be a triigger. Pituitary gland MR normal.
Thanks very much in advance
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013

Isolated increase in RNP is suggestive of MCTD. Elevated ANA would even support this. But keep mind that ANA per se can also be elevated in many different conditions including chronic infections (infectious mononucleosis, hepatitis, tuberculosis), hypertension, thyroidits and any kind of lymphoproliferative disease.

As I do not know your clinical symptoms, I would suggest you to go back to your doctor and have a detailed discussion about possibilities that may cause elevation of ANA. Also ask him to correlate elevated RNP with your clinical symptoms to rule out MCTD.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards