Can wearing calf high socks at work cause red blotchy rashes ?

I work in a spice mill, and I wear long pants with calf-high socks while I am working. Now that it is getting hotter, when I take my socks off at the end of the day, after sweating all day, both of my legs where the socks were, are very red and blotchy. They stay that way for a few hours to sometimes until the next day. Am I allergic to my own sweat? This is something which never used to happen. Is there anything I can do? maybe corn startch?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
These red rashes could be due to contact dermatitis which is occuring due to your socks. Right now to treat the same, use a good moisturiser over affected area along with steroid cream like mometasone cream. Also change your socks and wear cotton socks. Make it a point to wash your socks in a mild detergent. The socks that you wear shouldnt be too tight as that can also irritate the skin.
Hope this helped