Can two blockages (90% 70%) be successfully treated with meds

Can two blockages (90% 70%) be successfully treated with meds, exercise and a heart-healthy diet? My mother was recently found to have an 80% blockage in one of her main arteries. Balloon angioplasty was performed and a stent inserted. She also has two blockages on the other side of her heart in veins branching off from an artery (70% and 90%). Because of their location, the heart doc said stenting them would be extremely complicated, delicate and dangerous so he s recommending meds, a heart-healthy meal plan and exercise as an alternative for now. My question is: Do you, or anyone you know, have such blockages that were successfully treated with meds, a heart-healthy diet and exercise instead of stents? Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009